Mr. James Powell has given this great talk at 2017 Pydata at Seattle about some of the advanced features and concepts in Python (using Python3 but most features also apply to Python2).
Here is a list of some of the highlights that Mr. Powell covered which I want to listed here for later reference:
- Data model – “dunder method”, double underline or data model
- Library/user – assert, metaclass, subclass
- Decorators – @ handy way of calling up a wrapper function
- Generator – sequential, intermitting and memory efficient yield, __iter__, __next__
- contextmanager – __enter__, __exist__
In the end, I came across this glossary page from Python’s documentation website which doesn’t hurt to use as a checklist or challenge.